Your Game Plan for Spiritual Victory on Campus
(Bethany House Publishers, 2005)
Help the student in your life be an Overcomer! Order a copy of David’s first book, University of Destruction, which reached as high as #25 on Amazon.com.
The statistic is staggering: As many as 50 percent of Christian students say they have lost their faith after four years in college. Just as surprising, there is little difference in the faith attrition rate whether at secular or religious colleges. For far too many, the transition from home-life to campus-life is traumatic. What begins as a University of Instruction ends up being a University of Destruction…with long-lasting negative effects and no guarantee of return. Author David Wheaton, radio host, speaker, and former professional tennis champion, relates his own collegiate experience at Stanford and compellingly conveys:
- The three Pillars of Peril students face in college: Sex, Drugs/Alcohol, and Humanism (secular or religious);
- A time-tested game plan for victory over these pitfalls based on improving your spiritual G.P.A.;
- The important difference between professing and possessing Christians;
- Practical advice on dating, friends, and choosing the right college;
- How to get back on course if you have gone astray.