God blessed them [Adam and Eve]; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth. Genesis 1:28
God created a beautiful earth with a rich and diverse ecological system, teeming with life and nourishing our bodies with clean air and water. God told man to “rule over” His creation, as a good steward would thoughtfully manage the property of a landowner.
Unfortunately, man in his fallenness, has tended toward mismanaging or over-managing God’s creation. Some destroy and pollute the environment for the sake of gain. Others over-protect the environment, not utilizing it in the way God intended and actually harming human life in the process.
You have no doubt heard many of the assertions the latter group of humanistic environmentalists make:
- “Global warming is occurring—it’s settled science.”
- “Humans are causing it … and human population is unsustainable.”
- “Catastrophic consequences are taking place.”
- “We must stop using fossil fuels and instead use clean energy.”
- “Carbon dioxide is a pollutant to the environment.”
- “The poor are hurt most by climate change.”
- “Global authority is required to save our planet.”
This weekend on The Christian Worldview, our guest, Megan Toombs of the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation and editor of EarthRisingBlog.com, will join us to debunk these seven myths and explain what the truth actually is. We will also be joined LIVE in studio by 25 high school juniors from Nebraska Christian School, who are visiting the Twin Cities on a worldview trip.