GUESTS: BRUCE AND MARY JANE WHEATON, host David Wheaton’s parents
If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? Psalm 11:3
While it may appear that ending “racism” is the purpose behind the protests and violence taking place in our country, the real intent is the destruction of God-defined family and morality, as is made clear on the website of Black Lives Matter (BLM), the organization at the forefront of this movement.
The “What We Believe” page of BLM’s website states:
- We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages”
- We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking
- We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.
- We do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk
- We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.
So why the mission to dismantle God-designed family and morality? And why are biblical marriage, family, and morality so important to a stable and peaceful society?
This Father’s Day Weekend, my parents Bruce and Mary Jane Wheaton will join us. They are in their late 80s, married for 66 years, followers of Christ for 64 years, and the parents of four adult children. Be sure to tune in!
Short Take: What precipitated the moral revolution of the 1960’s and 70’s in the United States?
Short Take: Compare the turmoil of the 1960’s and 70’s to the riots and protests of 2020.
Short Take: How does Black Lives Matter hold so much sway?
Short Take: Have you ever seen the United States this divided?